“Children learn to play together and benefit from being an integral part of the whole-school community, joining older pupils for play and assemblies. This ensures that they are confident to transfer to the next stage of their education.”
Independent Schools Inspection Report
Our Reception children follow the EYFS Curriculum, which is a continuation of the learning they have experienced in the Pre-school. We continue to place great value on ensuring that learning is fun and engaging but that it also provides challenge and a breadth of opportunity from an early age.
As part of Saint Nicholas our Reception pupils also enjoy the use of the sports hall, theatre and the extensive grounds.
The Reception Department Day
- Before-school club 8.00am – 8.30am
- Children should arrive at school by 8.35am
- Morning break is from 10.25am-10.45am
- Lunch is at 12.15pm
- The school day finishes at 3.30pm
- After School Club (additional charge) runs from 3.30pm-6.00pm