GCSE RESULTS 2018
Saint Nicholas is once again celebrating an excellent set of examination results with 96% of all pupils achieving at least 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4. There were some outstanding individual performances with Joshua Franklin achieving 11 GCSEs, 9 of which were awarded grades 9-7, George Campbell, 11 GCSEs, 8 of which were awarded grades 9-7 and Charlie Carter, 11 GCSEs, of which 7 were at grades 9-7.
Headmaster, Mr Bown, said “I’m thrilled that our pupils have once again been rewarded for their hard work, commitment and determination with another set of excellent results. The outgoing Year 11 pupils were a pleasure to work with and were supported, as always, by the tireless efforts of our outstanding teaching staff.
The pupils should be immensely proud of what they have achieved and I wish them all the very best as they leave to join some excellent schools and colleges for Post 16 study.”
Summary of Results
- 96% of pupils achieved at least five GCSEs (9-4)
- 93% of pupils achieved at least five GCSEs (9-4) including mathematics and English
- 89% of all entries were awarded grades 9-4 (70% Nationally)
- Mathematics 96% Grade 4 & above (70% Nationally)
- English Language 89% Grade 4 & above (70% Nationally)
- English Literature 86% Grade 4 & above (74% Nationally)