At Saint Nicholas education starts at 2½ years of age as pupils enter Little Saints, our Pre-school. From the first day onwards our priority is to ensure that our pupils feel safe and secure; in short that they look forward to coming to school.
Learning is fun and engaging and our ‘little saints’ experience a balance of child and adult-initiated activities which promote learning through play. Each child has a ‘key person’ who is responsible for a small group of children and for developing an excellent partnership with parents. The outstanding pre-school staff have high aspirations for our children, most of whom make excellent progress, and ensure that our high quality education is founded on the individual needs of each child.
The dedicated outdoor learning spaces are a real strength of our provision and we recognise the importance of these areas and the opportunity they afford to enrich our children’s experiences.
The Pre-School is open 07.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, over three terms Autumn, Spring and Summer. We are closed half terms, Christmas, Easter, Summer holidays and all Bank holidays.
Children may enter the Pre-school from the age of two and a half.
- Breakfast club – 7:30 am to 8:30 am
- Morning session – 8:30 am to 11:30 pm
- Lunch session – 11:30 am to 12:30 pm (inc lunch)
- Afternoon session – 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- After-school club – 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Breakfast club – 7:30 am to 8:30 am – £6.25 per day inc breakfast
- Morning session – 8:30 am to 11:30 pm – £24
- Lunch session – 11:30 am to 12:30 pm (inc lunch) – £10.50
- Afternoon session – 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm – £24
- After school club – 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm – £2.60 per half hour or part
- Morning and afternoon snacks – £1 per session
Early Years Entitlement Funding
Children will be entitled to 15 hours’ Early Years Entitlement Funding from the term after their third birthday up to and including the term in which they turn 5. This entitlement will be deducted from fees. The free sessions may be taken either 8:30-11:30am or 12:30-3:30pm, one free session per day. We offer a limited number of completely free places each academic year and when those free places are full we ask parents to pay for at least one session and one lunchtime.