Small enough to care, large enough to inspire
Joining our school community
Thank you for your interest in joining Saint Nicholas School.
Estate Worker – full time, 40 hours per week, to commence as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a full-time person to join our Estate Team. The position is for 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 10.00am-6.00pm.
Please note that only applications made on the official application form below, can be considered.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- a confident, positive and flexible attitude;
- the ability to follow instructions accurately but make good judgments and lead when required;
- a keenness to learn and develop own skills, and take on any necessary training where required;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people and to assess and diffuse confrontational situations;
- the capacity to remain calm and to cope with the unexpected;
- the ability to undertake the physical demands of the role;
- an excellent attendance and time keeping record.
Additionally, for times when it will be necessary to drive the school mini buses, a clean driving licence will be essential and a D1 licence desireable.
A full Job Description is below.
Saint Nicholas School is a happy and successful school for around 470 boys and girls aged 2½ -16. The school is situated in attractive grounds in a delightful, rural setting. There is a friendly, supportive atmosphere in the school and working conditions and facilities are excellent. The school is located close to London and Cambridge with direct train access to both, as well as being a short drive from Stansted Airport and the London Underground via Epping.
You will be joining a friendly, hard working school with a clear commitment to high achievement for all its pupils. Classes have a maximum of twenty pupils in Lower School and twenty-two in Middle and Upper.
We can offer you:
- a successful academic environment
- well-motivated pupils
- small class sizes
- modern and plentiful resources
- pleasant and spacious buildings
- a variety of staff opportunities
- continuation of TPA pension
- wide-ranging access to training
- provision for NQTs
- generous non-contact time
- up to 50% fee reduction for children of staff
- free lunch.
We would love to hear from you if you are an inspirational, dynamic and creative individual who makes learning fun, and is looking to join a supportive and enthusiastic team in beautiful rural surroundings. We respect the hard work and commitment demonstrated by everyone at Saint Nicholas School and we are proud of the caring and mutually supportive atmosphere.
Saint Nicholas School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and other vulnerable groups and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff and volunteers, where appropriate, will be required to complete our safer recruitment checks including qualifications; references; enhanced DBS and barred list; proof of identity; right to work in the UK; overseas, EEA and prohibition checks. New employees will be required to submit a Staff Self Declaration form (referring to disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006 as amended in 2018).