“Small enough to care, large enough to inspire.”
Saint Nicholas is a remarkable school which prides itself on enthusing, challenging and supporting every pupil to achieve their very best. Academic success is celebrated alongside personal development and at the heart of our school are happy confident young people with high aspirations, a strong moral compass and a determination to succeed.
The school aims to:
- provide a safe, happy and secure environment in which our pupils are able to develop academically, physically and creatively across a broad and balanced curriculum;
- challenge our pupils to raise their aspirations and to develop the confidence and resilience to stretch and reach towards their full potential;
- promote active and curious learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding appropriate for learning, employment and adult life;
- promote the personal development of pupils, encouraging resilient, confident and compassionate young people with a strong sense of right and wrong and a natural respect for those around them;
- encourage our pupils to develop an understanding of their social responsibility and a respect for their school surroundings, the local community and the wider environment;
- provide the stability and security of continuous education on one site, spanning the age range from 3 months to 16 years.
Saint Nicholas School has a broadly Christian ethos, whilst actively welcoming children of all faiths and none. Our pupils are taught to respect each other and the community at large and to accept differing views and opinions. We aim to instil the values of compassion, tolerance, courtesy and respect.