Saint Nicholas School educates boys and girls aged between the ages of two and a half and sixteen. It was founded in 1939 in Churchgate Street, a village on the outskirts of the town of Harlow, and moved to its present site in 1977.
The current school site is set in fourteen acres of beautiful grounds in a residential area on the outskirts of Old Harlow. Originally an Edwardian country house, the School has added many superb purpose built facilities including Sports Hall, Swimming Pool and Theatre. This growth and development has provided excellent resources for teaching and learning whilst retaining much of the green spaces and features of the original estate.
Saint Nicholas is a registered charity, administered by a board of governors. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is an integral part of the Lower School, which includes Reception and Years 1 and 2. The Lower School comprises Years 3 to 5, the Middle School Years 6 to 8 and Upper School Years 9 to 11.