Results & Destinations
GCSE Results 2016
Students at Saint Nicholas School have achieved outstanding results in their GCSEs this year. Overall, there was an 83% pass rate for those recording at least five GCSEs at grade C and above. Almost a third of all examinations were graded A* or A, and over 60% of pupils gained eight or more A*-C grades.
Students achieved highly in English and mathematics with over three-quarters of all students gaining a grade C or above. Art, biology, drama, geography, ICT, Latin, music, physics, psychology and Spanish all recorded 100% pass rates at grade C or above.
Pupils who deserve a particular mention are Emillie Mitchell who was awarded 8 A*and 3 A grades, Emily Camp who gained 7 A* and 4 A grades and Macy Glen who achieved 1 A*, 9 A and 1 B grade.
The headmaster said: “I am delighted with the strength of our results. The approach of the school is to ensure that all students take a broad and balanced academic GCSE curriculum and not “GCSE equivalent” qualifications. As a broadly non-selective entry school we are rightly proud of our pupils’ successes, which are once more a tribute to our dedicated parents, staff and especially our pupils who have a positive attitude to work and are prepared to give all that it takes to be successful.”
- 83% at least five A*-C
- 65% at least five A*-C (including mathematics and English)
- 29% A* or A (20.5% nationally)
- 82% A*-C (66.9% nationally)
- 57% at least a B
- 22% of students gained at least one A*
- 70% achieved at least one A or A*
- 83% gained at least one B grade
- 61% of pupils gained eight or more A*-C grades
- English 74% at least grade C (60.2% nationally)
- English Literature 91% at least grade C (75.1% nationally)
- Mathematics 78% at least grade C (61% nationally)